Is someone being irritable or not saying anything at all when they're usually chatty a sign they're depressed?
- Anonymous4 weeks ago
Irritability can also be a common symptom of anxiety.
1. Feelings of sadness, hopelessness, or irritability nearly every day.
2. A lack of interest or pleasure in activities almost every day.
3. Significant weight loss, or a change of appetite that results in weight loss or gain of 5% of body weight within a month.
4. Sleeping too much or too little.
5. Psychomotor agitation.
6. Restlessness, or feelings of having “slowed down.”
7. Fatigue, or a lack of energy, nearly every day.
8. Feelings of worthlessness or excessive and unexplained guilt almost every day.
9. Difficulty thinking clearly, concentrating, or making routine decisions.
10. Thoughts of death, self-harm, or suicide.
- 4 weeks ago
Yes very much. Irritability and being more quiet can be a sign or symptom
- Judy and CharlieLv 74 weeks ago
Social withdrawal can be a symptom of depression, yes.
- foxprojoyLv 64 weeks ago
If this is the only symptom, the answer is "no". It takes 5 symptoms to classify someone with clinical depression.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- PearlLv 74 weeks ago
that could be a sign of that
- 4 weeks ago
Not at all, mood fluctuates depending on what happens day by day