How to work while in college?

Hello - I am in High School and will become a Certified Nursing Assistant before I graduate. I plan to go to a community college for the first year or two before going to a BSN nursing program. Will I be able to work as a CNA/PCT while attending community college or even nursing school? If so, what is the best schedule for this? I'd like actual specific class day and work day recommendations. 

• edward

I went to university to get my BSN to avoid the wait list but i don’t see a community college offering  BSN program for people who want to bridge CNA/LPN to BSN degrees.  Where i live community colleges offer LPN but you have to go to university to bridge.  When i was in university though i was working as a bartender 3 nights a week when my classes were in the afternoon.  I was a lifeguard on days where i had classes during the day (normal job) and i went to school the rest of the time.  I took an accelerated program (no longer offered) but either way it’s possible

You will need the CNA training as the C is for certified. Some nursing programs cover this in the beginning but you have to be in the program not the pre reqs. Whether they have shifts that work for you depends, as shifts are set and pretty inflexible, especially in hospitals.

i would just apply for it and see

It depends on if you can find a job that will work around your schedule. Not always easy. They schedule based on their needs, not yours.