Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 4 weeks ago

Did you know that some palm trees have trunks that are so thick, you can't even wrap your arms around them?

Tahiti and Brazil have palms like this.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

I do not know why you would want to wrap your arms around them. I have heard of people hugging trees, but trees are not very affectionate. 

• John P
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Yes, and your point is?  Here in Britain we have oak and ash and sycamore and walnut etc, etc, which you cannot wrap your arms around. Some are so massive that it takes several people to encircle them.

• 4 weeks ago

Yes I did know that.  Thank you for asking, I guess.

• 4 weeks ago

They are 300 year old trees in my backyard that are like that.  They is a cemetery with graves from the Dutch and British people who came here in the 1600s, that had an ornamental fence out around it in the 1800s, and some of these trees were left outside the fence.  Two people could not clasp hands around them.  So your point is - some places have big old trees?  Ever been to the redwoods in CA?  I have - yes, they are bigger than it trees in NYS. So?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

no, i didnt know that but now i do

• martin
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

They are beautiful trees, but the climate that produces them is too hot for comfort.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.