Anonymous

I am missing half of my middle finger?

I am 15 years old and I lost half of my middle finger in a cabinet accident when I was about 1 years old...I just changed schools for high school (in my old school I had plenty of friends and every one was used to it) I'm now in 10th grade....no one has yet found out about it because it's kind of inconspicuous and I rarely wear a prosthetic (it's extremely uncomfortable) it's only a matter of time before someone finds out and spreads it....I'm afraid of being judged...anyone has ANY advice for me?

Btw I forgot to mention the people in my class are judgmental, and the type to make a big deal out of this...............

Favorite Answer

My advice is to live your life and when people ask about it, address it then in a way that feels right at the moment. In high school, everyone is worried about being judged for something, so much so, they really aren't often paying much attention to others. Sure, there's going to be jerks who are just fundamentally jerks and need to judge to hide their own insecurities. Most people, even high schoolers, know that half a finger is not a reason to judge someone.