Am I too old for college?

I'm 36 and in college I have one semester left. Am I behind in life? Does it make me a loser to be this old and in college? I feel so old compared to the other students. Especially the girls.

I finished my university education at the age of 37.  And now I'm trying to convince my 42-year-old daughter to finish her bachelor's degree.  A degree will enhance your career opportunities.  Keep that always in mind.

No. There's no age limit on getting an education.  My 60 year old neighbor just got a business and an art degree for no reason other than that she was bored.

1. No

2. No

3. No

I finished college at the age of 30 yrs old which is this summer. As I see it we r not losers, we are just nontraditional students with a lot of real life experience than those kids at college that's all. They are forced to learn, we actually want to learn. So I would say we are better! 

• KTJoe

Don't understand your concern, knowing employment doors fly open for college graduates, top salary and so on. One semester..LOL Who cares about age, register and go for it.

You ARE too old for the girls--but not the degree. Maybe you should concentrate on that alone. Finish up and stop chasing young girls. 

Never too old man. People well into their 50's and 60's even older get their degrees. There's nothing wrong with trying to further your education and increase your opportunities in life!

• keerok

It's just one more semester. Who cares if you're too old. It's your diploma, not theirs! Your achievement, your glory. Be done with it already.

Older people tend to take night classes or online classes do to working during the day. There are people who go without ever getting a degree, so degree wise you are ahead of them. In terms of a degree having value, you still have a good 2 to 3 decades of work to use the degree. Another point would be the type of degree, where it doesn't really matter if you graduate with a worthless degree at any age. If you are getting a degree for a highly demanded profession, it's valuable while you are still able to work.

No you're not too old for college but you're too old for girls under 21. I'm 30 and going  for a associates degree.