Dry peeling fingertips from gel Mani?

I started doing my nails before the pandemic to save money about 6 months ago. A friend told me about dips and I found a bunch of companies online that sold the dips. I felt like I did a little research and watched Youtube videos on it. I learned there are different ways to do it. The liquid method and later I switched to the gel and UV lamp. I loved that way but after a while my fingertips especially my thumbs became very dry to the point they are white and now peeling. At first, my one left thumb looked like there was a bruise but it now looks like about 3 layers of skin are coming off. I took all my nails off but now they are a disaster. I'm hoping to give them a break with hopes they will heal itself. I've been moisturizing with hand lotion, cuticle cream, and vaseline and even leaving saran wrap on my fingers overnight. Not sure if this is from the acetone, UV lamp or the gel polish itself. Not sure what else I can do. Wish I can post a picture so you can see what I'm talking about. Is this an allergic reaction? I've used acetone before so I'm very frustrated. Attached is my one left thumb 

My guess it’s an allergic reaction probably to the gel. You should get a real diagnosis from a derm. You may need a Rx