Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 4 weeks ago

I LOOK PREGNANT?! :( HELPP?

im 5'4" and weigh 140 which I think is at the upper end of a normal weight but not overweight. im moderately active I guess I workout like 30 mins a day maybe?? and I do eat healthy and make sure im eating mostly fruits and veggies and no processed food...probably around 1700 calories a day? anyways I have a curvy-ish body which I dont mind at all but the main issue is my stomach

if I dont suck my stomach in I LOOK PREGNANT. in every single one of my pants IT SPILLS OUT LIKE A MUFFIN TOP. its like I literally suck it in all day now and ive tried doing cardio and ab workouts and I eat completely clean so idk what to do to help. I think a flat stomach is probably unrealistic but right now it bulges out like a pot belly and id ideally want it to get less prominent and fat. 

what can I do?

I'd suggest any and all of the following:

1. Select an eating plan -- not a short term "diet" -- where you will cut your consumption of carbohydrates including things like cereal, pasta, bread and rice, as well as fruit, milk, and juice.

2. Use an app to actually count your calories and use a food scale and measuring cups to measure your portions.  Most of of under estimate or service sizes. 

3. Mix up your workouts. For cardio, try to increase your intensity rather than your time and make sure you are doing some kind of strength training 3x per week.  Include a good 10 minuet ab/core workout.

While "technically" your BMI of 24 is within the "normal' range, you are carrying extra fat.  If you drop 20 pounds of fat, your BMI will be 20.6, and still in above the cutoff for underweight.  So, I'd suggest you work on decrease your weight and body fat.  Maybe you'll loose that muffin top in 8 pounds or maybe it will take 18.  Don't set a weight goal, but on how you look and feel.  When you reach a place where your happy.  That's great.

Weight loss is 80% doe so you really have to address the food and make some small changes so you can lose the fat and maintain that loss for the next 40 years.  Exercise helps burn a few calories, but strength training can also help you fatten and strengthen your core muscles. 

• .

Use a calculator like this one https://www.freedieting.com/calorie-calculator to determine about what your calorie intake should be. You can lose UP TO 3 lbs per week in a healthy manner, but 1 - 2 lbs is much more doable and easier to maintain long term. Remember that as your activity level and/or your weight changes, your calorie needs change too. So, check the calculator as your weight goes down or your activity goes up or down, so you continue to consume calories at a level that will help induce fat loss.