How I fix my uncooperative car CD player?

I drive a 2003 Chevorlet Cavalier and the CD player has been giving me some issues. First off, it seems to always eject a CD, with the words "Check CD" that come up after ejecting it. I've checked multiple CDs, some of which I'd only used once or twice before they also started to get this error. The CDs arent getting stuck, and I know for a fact that there are none already stuck inside. It's strange, because with freshly bought, almost untouched CDs, I'm given this message, but it will still play 10+ year old CDs that are covered in scratches and marks. I'm not sure what else I could do and replacing the entire CD player will be my last resort. Thanks for your help in advance!

Favorite Answer

There are significant differences between

"pressed" (molded) CDs and "burned" CDs.          

I suspect your problems are all with discs that were "burned on demand".         

A player as old as yours probably can't read burned discs well enough. 

This is completely normal and there is nothing that can be done to change it. 

The best remedy is replacing the head unit with a modern one.       

• Ana

Nobody uses CD’s anymore lmao. That technology is outdated. Just use your smartphone and YouTube