Should Supreme Court nominees be influenced by religion?

For example, Christians don’t like abortion and a Christian judge may object to it due to religious beliefs 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Ideally no. The founding fathers were quite clear about the seperation of church and state. But, realistically, supreme court judges are still human, and they're going to be influenced by their past and background

• 2 months ago

In a perfect world, Supreme Court judges would not be influenced by their own opinions in anything, , and would just be influenced by the laws.

Religion is just one small factor that influences the judges. I am more concerned with their political - activist views.

• Gary
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Even though I STRONGLY support the right I feel that abortions are a PERSONAL medical decision that the government or ANYBODY ELSE has ZERO business sticking they're nose into BUT also by the same token I also VERY strongly feel the government has less than ZERO business PAYING for this procedure to be done and if elected to be done is the TOTAL financial responsibility of the 2 parties involved ONLY!

• James
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Christians are very safe to be around for human beings at any stage of their lives because Christians believe we are endowed by our creator with rights that cannot be taken away by others like the right to life , liberty and the right to pursue happiness . For example , many people who are not Christian would cheer at you being cut to pieces in the womb and therefore not be alive today . Christians would still want you to be born even though you have anti life beliefs today in the hope that you would change and value all human life . Unborn human lives matter because they are the youngest members of the human family and are innocent and without them , none of us would be here which i am sure you will agree would be a bad thing .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.