LANDLORD LIEN LAW... in Washington State?

What is the landlord lien law for Washington state? 

I mean, if I am a business owner with a commercial property lease, and fall behind on rent and become in debt to the landlord.... what can the landlord do? Can I lose personal property, such as my house and car, and person bank accounts... ? Or is it only business property that can be confiscated? 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Depends on the structure of your business and how the lease was written.

Is your business a sole proprietorship, LLC, or corporation?

Is the lease in the business name or your name, and if its in the business name does it include a personal guarantee?

Either way the answer is the same - they can sue for payment of the rent and/or evict you from the property. Whether they are suing YOU personally or the business entity will depend on the factors mentioned above.

• 1 month ago

They sue you for the rent money and they evict you.  Who they can sue depends on the structure of the business.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you owe money then the person you owe money to can sue you and can ask the court for a charge on your property/wages, this can be collected by court bailiffs, either you pay what you owe, come to an agreement to pay weekly/monthly or they can take your car/electric goods etc etc etc  and sell them at auction to get the money you owe

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.