I need a thorny bush for security at back of house , which thorny  bushes would grow without much sun as it’s a shaded part behind a fence ?

I have a raspberry bush growing by my foundation on the north side of my house, so virtually no shade. I thought it would be fun to grow but it has gotten big and thorny in just two years, so I am cutting it down as it is getting too close to my outdoor hose faucet. 

It was "planted" by the birds and has gotten zero attention but is growing rapidly.

Japanese Quinces [Chaenomeles japonica] they'll survive in quite deep shade, in dry and damp soil, and are pretty much bombproof. They have long deep thorns, but they also produce edible fruits that can be used for preserves and in cooking. You can't eat them raw, but cooked they are mighty fine. Keep the robbers out and the kids fed. 

• John P

Pyracantha is my first thought. Fairly quick-growing, and long nasty thorns pointing all ways!  Be careful when you cut the part that is on your side! Long leather gloves and thick padded jacket needed.

Note that barbed wire and razor wire might be illegal in a domestic setting in some countries. Check local laws with a local law person before installing.

Bull thistle.  Those ugly bastrds will grow anywhere, even in cracked asphalt, and they thrive in sun or shade with zero maintenance.  And they've got spikes you could pierce somebody's nostril with, which makes them nature's concertina wire.

The Devils Walking Stick, or a multiflora rose will keep just about anyone out.

• John

The bonus with planting pyrocantha is the drunken blue jays. Not a joke - the berries ferment and get alcoholic and the jays throw parties.

Try a barberry. They're prickly and fill in areas like boxwood hedges do. And they get nice red berries in the fall and winter. 

Pyrocantha, hawthorn, blackthorn, all do very well and no-one in his right mind would risk those evil thorns. Take it from me, we have blackthorn and the thorns are like steel.  If you're going to prune it you'll need tough gloves and great care! 

If you want to plant a hedge, rosa rugosa is very good for that, tough, impenetrable and has nice flowers too. 

Few need much sun at all: try these: Pyracantha hedging (Firethorn) Hawthorn (Crataegus Monogyna)  Holly (Ilex Aquifolium)  Red Barberry hedging (Berberis Ottawensis x Auricoma)  or Blackthorn (Prunus Spinosa).  I planted Gorse (Ulex Europaeus) after I was burgled and now it is pretty much impenetrable, but that suits full sun.

It may be better to just use razor wire.