Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Can I get into Heaven just by watching televangelisim at home by myself and not going to church?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

No, you can't.  You also have to obey Christ, keep his commandments, and do good to others.  Oh, yes -- we have to give up our sins, too.

• 1 month ago

No, that is not how a person is saved by God.  You must turn from sin and trust in Jesus Christ, by faith alone, by His grace alone.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Church is not a stepping stone to heaven.

If u know yr bible, live by its principles .. God comes to u. Fact. 

Then He will teach u .. more.

• Doug
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Going to church won't get you to heaven; neither will watching televangelists, getting baptized, giving money, or any other works. The truth is that death leads to heaven or hell, and the only way to heaven is through faith in Jesus Christ.

The Bible is very clear that no one can earn their way to heaven since good works do not pay for sins. See Gal. 2:16, Rom. 3:23-28, 4:4-5, Eph. 2:8-9, Tit. 3:5. The only way to heaven is by believing in Jesus for His free gift of eternal life. Jesus shed His blood on the cross as the full payment for our sins. He did all the work; all He requires of us is that we believe in Him. Once you believe in Jesus Christ to save you, you are secure forever!

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute so we don't have to go to hell. Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave three days later (1 Cor. 15:3-4). He gives eternal life freely to anyone who simply believes in Him for it. No one can be saved by doing good works. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (Eph. 2:8-9).

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

If anything, those televangelists will keep you out of heaven.... as they laugh all the way to the bank with your money. 

• NOPE!

The tele is made to preach the gospel via satellite, if you are interested in how to follow God, you must enter the church.

First you have to convert to God, and after you have done your prayers you will be visited by God himself, who will confirm that this is the right way to follow.

Only then can you enter God's Heaven, otherwise hell is assured.

• 1 month ago

Tele-evangelism is full of wolves in sheep's clothing. Joel Olsteen for one. Corrupting the gospel about Jesus. Tickling the ears of people who only want to hear what appeals to their materialistic desires. The Bible warned of such. It also says that "the Church" is made up of people, not bricks. Christians are to build up people. And getting to Heaven cannot be achieved by doing 'things'.

The only way to Heaven is for the Holy Spirit to so convict you of your sinfulness before the Holy God that you cry out for forgiveness, and put all your faith in what Jesus did to save you. When you receive God's free pardon, you become part of "the Church" Jesus said He would build and you long to fellowship with your brothers and sisters in Christ. You become an adopted child of God, part of His heavenly family with Heaven as your eternal home and then you start living to please God. I became a Christian at home, on my own, after 2 years diligent Bible study to discover I’d been deceived by an American cult (no television involved though) and that I needed to bend my knees in Jesus’ name to confess and put total faith in Him.

If you never watch another tele-evangelism program again, and start reading the Bible instead, there might be a chance of the delusions you suffer from being corrected.

• 1 month ago

ONE does not "get to heaven" by watching but by accepting and doing. 

• 1 month ago

Heb 10:24  And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, 

Heb 10:25  not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near. 

Heb 10:26  For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 

Heb 10:27  but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries. 

Do you really want to chance it?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Neither are required to get into heaven. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.