Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Why does the guy I’m seeing keep ghosting whenever something ‘new’ happens between us in the relationship ?

For example he used to flake on dates in the past and before I would get angry but afterwards I pretended I didn’t care

So he sets the dates but then he is the one who flakes. 

We had a talk about that and now he’s stopped. He also made it up to me for all the times he has flaked and I forgave him 

We usually only text each other. Never call. 

He is the one who suggested he would call me once. I said ok. But on the day he was meant to call. I didn’t hear from him.

Now he’s pulled away 

Once during lockdown, I asked him to play an online game with me. This was also something ‘new’ he said yes to me when I asked but a few days later when I actually wanted to play the game he didn’t reply to my message. I called and texted and no reply. In fact I know he was near his phone since he actually rejected one of the calls and he let the other calls ring

The next day he messages me pretending as if he was asleep 

Why does he do this? 

Also during lockdown he called me. And when he called everything was fine we spoke for 1 hour. But I wanted to go on video and he didn’t 

And no there is no other girl, I know this for sure. He spent lockdown with his parents. He is in his late 20s 

I’m a girl 

we have no idea why, and if any of this is true we also have no idea why you keep hanging on the way you do and haven't kicked him to the curb already. Jeez, get a freaking clue.

He's not interested. And an uninterested guy doesn't care about your feelings. 

It sucks, but at least you know where you stand. You know that you don't like this behavior. Now, you need to stop accepting it from him. Close the door,block him...move on from this. Getting space and distance is the way to do this. It will give you closure emotionally. 

Why do you continue to let him do this to you?