Is it moral to take the organ of a dying baby to be donated to other babies for them to survive?

If you agree, then why. If not, why also. Include your personal arguments

Favorite Answer

If it's an infant which has died and the parents agree to donate the organs, I think that would be a beautiful, compassionate thing to do.   But to remove organs from someone who is still living--NO.  That's not moral at all, not even if the organs are from a baby or anyone else who is about to die anyway.  

Generally speaking, I strongly uphold the value of organ donation, and I have always carried a signed organ donation consent driver's license.  But a life should not be deliberately taken in order to extend the life of another, not even if either or both lives are about to end anyway.

By the way, this is a great, thought-provoking question 👍 

• Rico

On this topic it’s a question of ethics rather than morality. 

Organs for transplant should only ever be taken from people who have already died, except for where consent to take a kidney has been given by the donor while still alive (something a baby can not personally do). 

• Justin

Anything that's done for the greater good is worthwhile and justified..