Some plant need to mix some  sand into soil , what kind of sand should I buy in homedepot? Play sand?

My concern is if the sand come from the sea, then there will be a lot of salt in it, and it is not appropriate for plants, right?

• Ben

No, don't use play sand. It is too fine and will not improve drainage at all. In fact, it is likely to make it worse by bonding with the soil and making a sort of ersatz concrete.

You want sharp sand. It should already be washed and salt-free (all building sand is, as salt is really bad for cement, too). If you can't get that, vermiculite or perlite are reasonable substitutes. Never use any fine sand; you'd be better off using no sand at all.

There'll be no salt in it. Sea sand is washed before being supplied for "land" purposes.

You may not have any choice. The only kind of sand I have ever seen at Home Depot is play sand. It does not have any salt in it.