Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

Why do my cats try to escape my bedroom so much?

although sometimes they go in there on their own voluntarily,

but when I put them on my bed, they immediately jump off onto the floor, and instead of just finding a place within the room to lay down and rest, they just go straight to the door and paw at the door. --- why do they try to escape so much? 

I see some of you are saying that they "feel locked in" and don't like "closed doors" --- but if the door were open, they would still try to escape.  It's just that they would be successful at escaping when the door is open.

• J
    Favorite Answer

Cats don’t like closed doors at all. My cat always wants to come in my room, and as soon as I close the door, he whines to get out. So irritating when I’m trying to run the AC because I need to keep the door shut to contain the cool air. 

They probably don't like being picked up and put on your bed

they feel locked in.

• Darla

Your door is shut? Where is access to litter box? Cats like to roam and explore especially if new. They like to chase vermine. Mice. They keep house clear.