How and why did I go from barely making it, to being able to thrive through gentrification?

This city, Fayetteville Arkansas is building $1500 to $2000 a month townhouses like they're candy...

And opening up a lot of expensive organic grocery stores like whole foods and the Ozark Natural Food Co-Op..

And opening up a lot of Starbucks, and Panera Bread and Applebee's and another Newks location..

Amazon just set up shop here.

And we're expanding uber and lyft and Veoride and Spin..

How did I go from afraid of it..

To looking forward to joining it ?

$1500 to $2000 a month rent, here in the South, is Gentrification.

• Foofa

With a higher cost of living tends to come higher paying jobs. So maybe you've managed to improve your income to where you can enjoy the place you live. 

Consider yourself lucky!  Here in the area north of Dallas, a small community of homes ranging mid 200s to mid 300s established less than fifteen years, we have yet another large apartment community sprouting up only a few hundred yards from my home.  Another four story, institutional looking, apartment complex with plenty of low income units set aside (I don't know why, there is no public transportation and the only jobs are low end retail and fast food in this area, oh and construction)