Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionDrama · 1 month ago

Are there any plans to  have a new Gilligan,s Island television series?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Kenny
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Probably, rehashing things is all Hollywood knows .

• 1 month ago

Probably not, but let's have some fun wth the casting, shall we?

Kevin Hart as GilliganJohn Goodman as The Skipper

Halle Berry as Ginger

Selena Gomez as Mary Ann

Denzel Washington as The Professor

Sean Connery and Anne Bancroft as Mr. and Mrs. Howell

• bill
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

It was so full of stereotypes that i can't see it passing SJW muster these days unless they make Gilligan/Skipper a gay couple,Ginger and Maryanne a lesbian couple,the Howels into bisexual swingers and the professor a trans woman.

• 1 month ago

No, there aren't right now.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

This series is the best for me.

Learn More: https://albymmy.blogspot.com/2020/09/best-comedy-s...

Attachment image
  • Jill
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I really hope not. 

• 1 month ago

No, it wouldn't work in today's world. The series Lost was a stretch at best. If satellites can zoom into license plates from outer space, how can a boatload of people, with cell phones, not to mention sophisticated radar systems on a boat not get found in today's world. 

One other point: the characters on Gilligan's Island were from the mid-sixties. The stories were silly, the characters played to the extreme by good actors, and the show was done on a set, not on a real island. Remakes of successful or cult shows don't do very well. They were from a different time period. Even modern shows like Magnum P.I. that have been remade struggle in the ratings in today's world. And, they just don't compare to the original. 

• 1 month ago

I doubt it.  That sort of comedy was very over the top, and seems very at odds with modern day sitcoms which, while they have their own problems, they do tend to be less schticky than old school sitcoms.  

Gilligan's was almost a cartoon it was so silly.  A quick google turned a couple link up talking about a reboot but they looked like they were all just fans and bored media reporters speculating.

One article quoted the son of the show's creator saying that there is a film version that has been 'in development' for a long time.  He even has a cast in mind that includes Jeff Bridges as Skipper, Beyoncé as Ginger, and Kevin Hart as Gilligan.  

Let's all hope that this movie is never made.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.