I thought fans were banned from NFL games but I'm watching a game and hearing fan reaction. Canned?

Some NFL games have limited numbers of fans in the stands like Dallas where there were about 20,000. In other places is canned noiase piped in as in Seattle last night.

Most stadiums and broadcasts are piping crowd noise in.  However SOME have limited fan counts - usually 20% or so.

Some games have had limited numbers of fans in the stands.  But the league is also adding crowd noise to the feeds for broadcast.

The noise is not played at the game (which NFL rules still prohibit) but just for the viewers at home.

• A.J.

I saw a limited number at a game, as may be relatives of the players. Most sporting events televised are using canned sound to make it seem like there is an audience. There can also be fake people as cardboard for camera shots.