What's a good DIY method to fix a broken laptop frame without welding?

Hi! Ive been trying to fix my laptop for months and I'm looking for a more permanent fix that I was hoping I could do myself. The frame supporting the screen and connecting it to the hinge snapped as you might see in the photo. I'm aware that welding would be the best solution to it, but I don't really have access to a welding device. I basically have a soldering iron and some lead but I can also buy some epoxy, just some of the things suggested by google that I currently have on me. Are there any other alternative, cheap DIY options for me to handle this? Thank you!

Favorite Answer

Depending on your laptop model, a new set of hinges and brackets might not cost much more than a couple tubes of JB Weld, so that might be the best option. Alternatively, you should try to find a thin but strong strip of metal, and drill holes through the bracket and the metal strip on both sides of the crack. If you just solder or epoxy along the crack, it's likely to break again.

Introduction: Repair Broken Hinges of a Laptop Screen.

Buuut there is a quick fix for the problem, all you need is a screwdriver and 1 hour of your time. :) ... Locate the broken insert for the metal bushing which holds the hinge and remove it.

I would consider going to e-bay and finding one that is not working for parts and change the parts out.