Anonymous

Who is right - he or I ?

I wanted to help a guy who worked with my dad. He was in his 20s and was repairing a fence. I went there and gave him some tools. He raised his head and asked me what I was doing. I told him 'I just want to help' then I told him he was putting the screws askew, and then he said 'do I teach you how to braid your hair, little girl'. I got so mad I just left the tools there and went away. Later I gave my dad the homemade sandwhiches I prepared and the one of the guy, well, I left it on a brick (dad told me to get food for two). As he saw it he was kind of surprised and said 'there's not even some cloth in between... how am I supposed to eat it?'. I just laughed and went away right before my dad got mad and scolded me and told me to go home and make him lunch. I protested saying that I won't do all those miles just for him. He resigned and ate it anyway. At the end dad wanted coffee so I made coffee. He said 'where's my cup of coffee?' And I said 'there ain't anynore. There was just for one person. We ran out of coffee'. My dad scolded me again and threathened to hit me cause I was behaving not in the way he raised me, the guy said 'no sir please don't hit her, she is just a child. I don't even want coffee anymore, just water... please'. And he was serious. I mean, he wasn't being hilarious or something. He was worried about me. While I treated him badly. Before he got out of the car he said 'bye kid' and winked at me. I just don't understand it. But I feel sorry for him.

He was, you were rude.

If this is the start of a novel or short story, it is not very good. You need to punch it up some.

This is a weird story.

First, you probably shouldn't have gotten in his business, but it isn't "wrong" to do so.

Second, he shouldn't have made that rude comment, but it isn't such a big deal that it warrants messing up his sandwich and not getting him coffee (particularly if your dad told you to, because you should do what your dad says).

Third, your dad shouldn't have gotten so overly upset about it.

But obviously, in the end, the guy felt bad for making the rude comment and wanted to make up for it by being nice to you.