Who do I contact? The Medical Examiner's office wouldn't let me examine my brothers body because?

I am only his sister. All family deceased and no children.  Who can I contact? What kind of lawyer? I am looking for somebody to tell me what kind of lawyer. Government

6 Answers

  • 1 month ago

    examine?  relatives don't examine in the US.

  • 1 month ago

    He is not letting you examine  the body because you are not a medical professional.

    If you think the medical examiner is wrong with his cause of death, you legally can pay a private medical examiner to conduct an autopsy.

    No lawyer can or will help you, because legally you can't examine  the body.

    A lawyer may assist you in getting an independant autopsy, but that is as far as a lawyer can help you.

    Oh, the cost would be enormous and if the body is already buried. Then you have to get a court order to open the grave. And your lawyer  could help you with that.

    Lawyer fees would be about $600 an hour, plus autopsy fees, autopsy room fees, court costs, grave opening and closing  fees. Plus misc. Fees

    So. You are probably looking at upwards of $15,000+

    So please stop asking

  • 1 month ago

    You have asked this same question several times, and it has been answered several times.  Just call up a real lawyer, and stop asking random people on the street and on Yahoo.

  • 1 month ago

    Unless you have the credentials, you CANT examine the body.   You can hire someone else with the proper credentials to do an autopsy/necropsy, however.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    The law hasn't changed since all the other times you posted this.  YOU CANNOT EXAMINE A CORPSE UNLESS YOU ARE CREDENTIALED TO DO SO.  My husand died quite young.  I was NOT allowed - nor did I have any interest in - to examine his corpse.  I did request a copy of the autopsy, which was provided to me.


    Government has NOTHING to do with this.  Any general practice attorney can represent you.  If you are asking about a "Government attorney," there is no such thing.

    WHERE you are will determine what info you are entitled to receive.

  • 1 month ago

     Call just about any lawyer.  If they don't take your kind of case they will be able to recommend someone who does.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.