are you good at 'playing it cool'?

i find it quite difficult to play it cool in general, because i have anxiety and anger problems and i can get quite worked up and feel uptight often....im a male aged 42.

any hints or advice on playing it cool?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Before you focus on playing it cool, consider seeking professional help for your anxiety and anger as it would seem they both impact your life.  Why remain being worked up and uptight?  Make a different choice, achieve a different result.

• bill
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

I'm really  good at it these days. Must be old age.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

i have nothing to say to you other than youre not alone, im dealing with anxiety too lmao. ly lots take care of yourself

• Jerry
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Practice makes habit. Technique makes perfect. You have to break that habit of responding to life with anxiety, with anger. 

Try asking yourself "What's the worst possible thing that can come from this?" Then ask yourself "Is that really so bad? Is it going to destroy me? Or is it something I can handle?" Almost always it's going to be something you can handle. So why are you getting yourself all anxious and angry about something you just handle instead? 

You're not as fragile as you think you are. You're not going to break into pieces or crumple up and die. So calm down already. Stop letting your imagination, your fearfulness, run away with you. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i try to stay cool so i dont have any problems

• Liz
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Actually, I believe in playing it calm. 

Whenever a Christian is assailed by anything that could make him anxious, filling him with uneasiness and apprehension, he should turn to his heavenly Father in prayer. Thus he can ‘throw his anxiety on Jehovah,’ confident that he will be heard by the One who cares for him. (1Pe 5:7) The result will be an inner calm, the peace of God, that will guard the heart and the mental powers. Deep within himself, in his heart, the Christian will be freed from uneasiness, foreboding, and alarm, and the mind will not be unsettled by the distractions and perplexities resulting from anxiety.—Php 4:6, 7.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.