Engine Codes: P0101 and P0172 and Trac off ?

Question Date: 9/20/2020

Given Information: 

Passed  Wisconsin Emissions test on 9-9-2020Car mileage about 90,0002012 Scion IQ, Engine Codes: P0101 and P0172 and Trac offOther information Date 09/10/2020: I hit a  half cut tire on I-94, went under the car for 2 secondsCorrective Action on 9/18/20: I have already tried the following: Cleaned the air filter of the DC Sports SRI4408 Ram Intake System. Furthermore, I cleaned the Mass air flow sensor Jet Performance 69160 Mass Air Sensor with CRC Mass air flow cleaner. The codes and trac off still came back on after the test drive about 15 minutes  in of a 30 minute drive..Any suggestions at this point?

• Dan
    Favorite Answer

Replace the MAF with a factory unit, aftermarket sensors are garbage.

Well, those are the same ideas I had before, I forgot to mention I don't have original parts MAF or stoke intake, any idea where i can find them for cheap

Check for vacuum leaks. If you have a cleanable air filter get rid of it. The oil on the air filter migrates to the MAF sensor wires and ruins the MAF sensor. Replace the MAF sensor after getting rid of the cleanable air filter. You need an ABS capable scan tool to pull the ABS codes to find out which wheel speed sensor is failing. Going through emission testing with CEL's lit is an automatic fail!

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • Ian K

Well, maf values are out of range... Throw the stock intake and MAF back in.

Check wheel speed sensors and abs system for trac issue.