Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 month ago

Is military a good choice for a high school dropout ?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

ummm..when theres a war on they lighten on requirements so you might get in. 

but normally in peacetime they look for officers more than cannon fodder.

and as far as I know thats world wide all countries defense systems.

youd do better with a military history or college degree.

when you drop out of school you really dont leave yourself many options.

can you read and write more than your name?

do you even know what "military" means and what it stands for?

can you even lift a few pounds without hurting yourself? I'll bet you think you can dont you. dude, it takes an education just to work with out killing yourself.

life aint a free ride because your dumb.

• 4 weeks ago

A high school dropout stands NO chance of enlisting in the US military. A high school graduation or a GED with 15 college level 100 credits would be required to be eligible to enlist in the US military.

• Aaron
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

army life is very tough ,,you must settle into the hard life in the army  ,what;s more ,once you join the army , freedom will be taken away from you  , you can't go home whenever you want ,you must be obedient ,what's more ,if there is a special tasks , you may be dispatched to front line without prior notice , which means you need to follow the order unconditionally ,  if you are totally OK with that ,then ,I recommend you to join the army ,these days,military institute set a strict criterion for people who want to join the army ,such as age limit ,body,vision requirements ,etc ,you can google these requirements ,and think about it carefully ,

• 1 month ago

If you don't have at least Year 12 Certificate you are Not eligible for the Military

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

If you can't even hack high school what makes you think you can even begin to hack Basic Training.

• 1 month ago

Not in Canada.  Education is super important in the military.  I spent 1/3 of my 25 years on formal courses, or training in schools.

• Bill-M
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

NO.   The U.S. Military requires you to have a HIGH SCHOOL Diploma before you enlist.

UNLESS, you join the Reserves at age 17 while your still in High School.

• Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Since the military does not allow drop outs to enlist, no.

Even a GED holder must also have 15 100 level college credits in order to be eligible to enlist

• 1 month ago

No - a GED or diploma is a requirement.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, since you need a high school diploma. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.