Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

girls at the beginning of last century used to get periods around 16/17. Why so early now?

the beginnings of the 1900's

because of the food we eat, the hormones kind of get triggered by the ingredients they use in current world's food scenario.

You're totally wrong about that-- not in the 1900s, 1700s or 500 BC.

• mokrie

Diet changes. More meats and fats eaten then years back. 

Your 'facts' are way off. I got my first period at 12 years in the 60's and many of the girls in my class, in high school, years later, very jealous that I had an 'accident' and they could see I had them - while they were still waiting for theirs. Before then and since, I've heard of girls as young as 9 getting them. It's all in their genes and the rate of their development as a result of these genes. Has nothing to do 'with the time of year/decade/century'.

Firstly, that's simply not true.  Many girls were getting married at around 12/13, because this was when they made suitable wives - they were of childbearing age.  That said, it's true that the age puberty starts in both boys and girls has been dropping and this is primarily due to improvements in diet and nutrition.