Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Why does the average women have literally no chance in hell of dating a guy who is a charismatic, extremely attractive model or actor?

Just to picture some socially awkward shy quiet girl that is overweight being in the presence of a guy who looks like a Greek God like Chris Hemsworth is hilarious to think about. It's like thinking about some obese video gaming virgin guy who hasn't left his basement in months out on a date with a Playboy model

The dynamic just doesn't fit and its comical

Do you know what projective identification is? If not, look it up.

LMAO. Firstly, I would never want to date a charismatic etc guy - the only thing I could think of is the competition and tramps who would be continually trying to hit on him, even in my presence! As I found out decades later with my plain looking (EX!) husband who attracted a lot of attention in his uniform. A group of mothers came to his work place for their 'kindergarten group' and one woman continually played up to him - in front of my very obvious pregnant appearance! Secondly - when I was a lot younger - AND overweight, I met a man on a blind date - .a CLONE of Sean Connery during his peak as James Bond. He was so gorgeous, I didn't dare think of him as a 'boyfriend', but as an 'acquaintance'. I saw him a few times and we had a lot of fun- even with the occasional kiss. But I still saw him as an acquaintance! One night I was feeling really low, so called him at work and his reception was frosty. He then told me he was married. He was separated from his wife while he was seeing me, but they had decided to give it another go. As I saw him as an 'acquaintance, I didn't see it as a brush off and continued pouring my heart out to him how men only liked skinny girls. He positively groaned and asked why he couldn't have met me 5 years earlier. It was only then that I realised I was more than an acquaintance to him! I saw him again 15 years later (and he STILL looked like (an aged) Sean Connery!) after I'd been (UNHAPPILY) married with 3 kids and learned he and his wife had divorced. Many times I think how cheated we both were - I really think it would have been perfect for us both. So, back to your question/comment -yes there are guys out there who aren't as shallow as you, and do see a woman for her personality, not the size of bikini she wears!!   

It's not impossible to become the person you want to be. In my 20s, I was introverted, overweight and had no conversational skills. I went on a really strict diet and lost 32 pounds. I started recounting my victories to myself in the shower each morning. At age 28 I first touched someone's arm in conversation. I still detest small talk, but have had a full and rich life, and actually had women come on to me. I settled down, found a Southern Lady wife, and we are in our 30th year of marriage. You CAN do it, and it's worth the effort.

1:44 in the morning and I feel like I've wasted 10 seconds of my wellbeing on this.

i think its about the hearts meeting so they probally have something in common