Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 4 weeks ago

What do firefighters and cops do in a situation like this?

Let's say that the firefighters/cops are eating at a buffet. In the middle of their lunch/dinner while at the buffet a emergency call comes in. How do they pay for their food? I know at buffets you usually pay at the end when you are finish eating. They can't sit there and just wait for the bill to come to pay in an emergency. What happens in this situation for first responders?

• J M

They would not be called if they were off duty, which they should be. 

• james

Firefighter would return to pay.  No problem.  The cops would need pay before leaving.  They would just think it was a free meal.  So no go for them.  

• Bruce

I've been called away from a meal a few times. I just tell staff I have to go and will come back when I can. 

In my City you pay BEFORE sitting down and eating.

I would presume that the restaurant would expect them come back at a future time.  In MY City Officers on duty go to coffee shops, not restaurants.

Where I live, you pay for the buffet before eating, not after.

--  When attending a Buffet, a person pays in advance.