Cigar Storage in Box?

Recently started smoking and usually have 3 to 4 cigars on hand for 2-3 weeks at a time. I have a cigar box that they come in and just want to be sure my storage method will work. 

Storing the cigars in a zip lock bag still in the cellophane wrapper with a Boveda pack in the bag. Then place the bag in the box and store the box with bag and cigars around 70 degrees. 

I'm too cheap to buy a humidor... yet, from what i understand this will work for some time but how long? A month or two?

The enemy of a good cigar is moisture,  either too much or too little.    Your method should work but it before you go buy some really expensive cigars you might want to invest in a decent humidor.  

• John

I'm far from a cigar expert. Never actually liked them much. Thing is that too dry is as bad or worse than too wet. They need to have a certain plumpness to them. A fragrance. I'll link below but one old school method is to put a cut piece of apple somewhere in the box, which adds humidity. Again, too much is just as bad:

https://medium.com/@allthingscigars/cigars-101-a-g...