Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Why did Emperor Constantine order to destroy all gospels and what was lost?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • User
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

As far as historians know

no such thing ever happened.

• 1 month ago

No such order was ever issued.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

He ordered no such thing, and in fact paid for 50 Bibles of the inspired texts.

• 1 month ago

Obviously some of the Gospels survived as they are contained in the Bible.  However, many gospels that were not included in the cannon and at some later time these were mostly destroyed or lost.

I've never heard Constantine being responsible for this and I suspect that it was much later after the cannon was decided.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Constantine cut the deal in 312 AD putting up the Lateran Palace as surety to the Bishop of Rome and in 321 AD closed the deal and began the Burning Times throughout the Empire of political and doctrinal enemies of Pauline Christianity, especially the surviving remnants of the true followers of Jesus. Saul of Tarsus murdered the 120 disciples of the rank below the 12 Apostles and created the False Church Christ predicted as the False Apostle Paul.  Among the Gospels destroyed were: 1 the Gospel of Thomas, 2 the Gospel of Mary Magdalene, 3 Carpocratians proof of the acceptance of bisexuality and 4 the Gospel of the Ebionites Panarion by Epiphanius of Salamis. Ebionites was not fully eradicated until the Dominicans burned alive the last Albigens in 1244 AD. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Full treatment here

FAQ: Did Constantine Invent Or Change The Gospel/Bible?

https://considerthegospel.org/faqs/faq-constantine...

• I do not recall reading that he did.

• yesmar
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

He ordered no such thing and nothing was lost.

• 1 month ago

He didn't..................

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.