Women say 13,000 more words than men in a day on average. What do you women even talk about?

• Foofa

These days I expend at least that many words just trying to homeschool my kids. 

Men and women say the same amount of useful words in a day.  The extra words women speak are words that are unnecessary.   

I always thought I was a 'chatter box' until I met another 'mum' friend in the school, waiting to collect our kids.  Whenever we meet up, I hardly get a word in, as she chats all about her ex in laws, her separated parents and their partners, her step sisters & brothers and their kids.  Her ex and what he said or did, what her pets are doing, what 'so & so' was heard talking about.  Basically a load of random gossip and pointless nonsense.  Sometimes she takes a breath and asks me about my husband or kids, but somehow rarely asks what I've been up to!

I used to chat a lot, when I was younger, I had too  much to say and my Finnish friend', tells me that I still do have a lot to say.  But Finnish people rarely chat, they are very direct, in the Pub for example they'd say, "Give me a beer", whereas a Brit, would generally ask politely for a 'Beer' and nearly always say 'Please and Thank you'!

That was the findings in ONE study. Other studies have found that men and women (on average) say around the same number of words per day. 

As for what women talk about...well, it depends on the woman and the situation she's in at any given time.

All the things men don't talk about.