Brett Kavanaugh can't be that bad if Elena Kagan hired him to teach at Harvard Law?

I mean, Elena Kagan once clerked for the great Thurgood Marshall (who argued and won Brown v. Board of Education).

sure Brett may have made a mistake when he tried to rape a teenager but that was before he matured and became an adult.

• Foofa

The fact is that the Kavanaugh confirmation hearing became practically an SNL skit with all the insanity surrounding it. The one marginally believable accusation was unprovable and the many obviously specious ones that came after it were laughable. Not a fan of Kavanaugh at all but we're watching our politicians turn into grade school bullies right before our eyes and this is affecting the sanity of regular people. When the rhetoric from the elected class is so over the top it's not surprising that the least emotionally sound amongst us try to jump onto every "cause" and insert themselves into these stories even when their claims are obviously idiotic. This also goes for some of the charges against Biden. People need to chill the eff out. 

• J

First of all, Kagan didn’t know about his history of raping girls. That wasn’t made public until his Supreme Court nomination. I might have been more sympathetic to kavanaugh if he had admitted his mistakes and apologized. He was a teenager when he did those things. But instead of saying “I did some things I’m not proud of when I was a teenager, and I sincerely apologize for the damage I’ve caused, and blah blah blah,” he said “I like beer! I didn’t do anything wrong, and these women are all liars!”

I can understand that drunk teenagers do stupid things that they wouldn’t do as adults. But since he refused to take any responsibility, I can’t trust him. Supreme Court justices must have the highest moral character. I don’t want a rapist deciding issues of women’s rights. Since several women accused him, and his old friend corroborated their statements, I believe he did the things he was accused of. 

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.  You are certainly entitled to yours.

You are always posting in Law and Ethics.  Apparently you have little experience and no understanding of the responsibilities of a Clerk.