Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Religion question ?

So please don’t hate on me for this but I have a question that’s been really eating at me for years. 

My mom is Jewish and so is her family but the rest of my family is not and are christian and some Catholics. I was raised to choose what I want to follow but I’ve always been Christian in my beliefs and I’ve celebrated all the holidays like Easter and Christmas. I believe in Jesus, I go to church but not often really. I’m openly Christian though and some of my moms side doesn’t like this.

But I’ve heard that if your mom is Jewish you have to be, and I don’t like being forced into anything...  

I guess I’m seen as Jewish to orthodox but I don’t follow it so it makes me feel forced and pushed into something I don’t believe in. Does God accept me as Christian? I don’t like feeling like I’m not  accepted anywhere and I’m beginning  to hate Myself for thinking like this and feeling like I have to be something I don’t feel like I am.  Please don’t hate on me for this im a college student and I’ve felt like this since I was in elementary.

• mimi
    Favorite Answer

Of course God accepts you as Christian as long as you accepted Jesus as your savior and you are following him as the Lord of your life. Human traditions are meaningless when it comes to this subject, so it doesn't matter how others may view you.

WHAT SHOULD SINCERE PEOPLE DO? Jehovah cares about people who love what is true and good. He urges them to leave false religion behind. People who love God are willing to make changes to please him. Read revelation 18:4. In the first century, When sincere people heard the good news from the apostles, they responded with joy. They learned a new way of life from Jehovah, a happier way of life with a purpose and a hope. They are a good example for us today because they responded to the good news by putting Jehovah first in their lives. Read 1 Thessalonians 1;8,9,; 2;13. Jehovah welcomes into his family of worshippers those who turn away from false religion. If you accept Jehovah's warm invitation, you will receive his friendship, a new and loving family of fellow worshippers of Jehovah, and everlasting life. Read Mark 10:29,30; 2 Corinthians 6:17,18. Whereas true religion glorifies God, false religion displeases him. It teaches ideas that are not in the Bible, including false teachings about the dead. but Jehovah wants people to know the truth about him. Read Ezekiel 18:4; 1 Timothy 2;3-5... For more information JW.ORG

You are what you want to be.  Yes, Jews consider you a Jew, but you don't have to follow their religion.

Yes, God knows you're a Christian.  Take the good that you can from Judaism and from Christianity.  Never fall for the heresy of the Trinity nor the heresy that Christ will save us in our sins.

Whoever told you if your mom is Jewish you have to be, is not being truthful.  As far as I understand it is if the father is Jewish, not the mother.

The main difference between Christians and Jews is Jews are still waiting for the promised Messiah to come while Christians believe the Messiah has already come in the form of Jesus.  He came over 2000 years ago but the Jews religious leaders rejected and hated him because he spoken openly about them being hypocrites and because the people believed on his teachings rather than Judaism so much so that the Jewish religious hierarchy sought to have him put to death as they believed he was a blasphemer. 

"And one of them, named Caiaphas, being the high priest that same year, said unto them, Ye know nothing at all, 

Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not"  John 11: 49-50.

Don't give up on what you believe in your heart to be the truth as Jesus said: I am the way, the truth, and the life, no one comes to the Father except through me.  

Today there are thousands of Messianic Jews both in Israel and America who believe Jesus is the promised Messiah. 

God has given us 100% freedom, freewill.

No one can force u to believe or do something against yr will.

Christianity .. u r on the right track.

Jesus is the Messiah . He died for humankind.

Judaism does not believe in Jesus but Isa 7.14 .. a virgin shall be w child = Jesus Christ.

God will NEVER entertain anyone who does not come to Him thru Jesus Christ. Fact.

Read OT thru NT .. understand n live by His teachings.

Stay away fm sexual immorality. God will connect to u.

God bless u n be w u .. messianic christian.

Jesus described what you are experiencing.

Mt 10:34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn

“‘a man against his father,

a daughter against her mother,

a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—

36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.

However, if you rarely go to church, you're probably not a faithful Christian in God's eyes.

Heb 10:24  And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, 

Heb 10:25  not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near. 

Heb 10:26  For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 

Heb 10:27  but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries. 

Study your Bible, and pray for God's help and guidance.  Good luck and God bless.

The holidays you celebrate are completely meaningless and it seems like you are a very mediocre Christian at the very best. On the other hand, you haven't done any of the prerequisites for, or followed the Jewish faith, so while your bloodline and heritage may be Jewish, but you've pretty much disowned that part of your heritage.  Obviously your mom did not force you to follow the Jewish religion and the only one forcing you is yourself, because you really don't understand either religion.

By contemporary standards, if your mother is a Jew then other Jews consider you to be Jewish. But the only true Jews left today call Christ their Savior.

Jesus was a Jew in the flesh, as were HIS mother, Joseph, the apostles and the earliest church. They recognized the biblical truth. Jesus is the Author & Finisher of the Hebrew faith. And Christianity is Judaism concluded in perfection.

Hebrews 12:2 KJV — We look unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Romans 2:28-29 — For you are not a true Jew just because you were born of Jewish parents or because you have gone through the ceremony of circumcision. No, a true Jew is one whose heart is right with God. And true circumcision is not merely obeying the letter of the law; rather, it is a change of heart produced by God’s Spirit.>>>> And a person with a changed heart seeks praise from God, not from people.<<<<<

• I wouldn't worry about switching religions, as Yahweh is notoriously powerless to stop you.

• It doesn't matter if you switch religions . You have to start believing the old religion was wrong . And that goes for all religions .

Not all religious beliefs can be right but they can all be wrong .