Bob Sponge asked in SportsBasketball · 1 month ago

Why can't ESPN get big names, such as Shaq and Barkley for their NBA coverage?

I'm watching the Miami vs Boston pregame show... it's pathetic, and I don't recognize anyone besides the pathetic Jalen Rose who isn't even in the Hall of Fame... that's their biggest draw?!?

Kristaps: The NBA is still going strong after the 2000's. In fact, you weren't even drafted until 2015... you must have some interest in the NBA lol

Favorite Answer

A lot of sports broadcasts are boring and way too PC these days. I agree, I'd much rather see funny guys who were great players like Shaq and Sir Charles. I saw a news article a while ago that actually said that in recent years, fewer and fewer people are actually watching the analysis part of sports broadcasts, the ratings have gone way down, most people just watch the games now.

They do have a big name. Legend PAUL PIERCE. He's not there all the time during the Chinese Virus but he was before this and still appears on the show form home. 

Imagine still watching the NBA after the 2000's.