Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 month ago

How to get over fear of being called a lightweight at parties? ?

When I was 17, I got extremely drunk at a party and had to go home because I was throwing up, and I got called a lightweight for it.

Ever since that incident, every party I've went to after that, I'm more focused on out drinking everyone at that party than I am actually enjoying the party. 

Because im worried that if I don't as much as everyone else if not more, then they will call me a lightweight. 

How do I get over this? 

idk why, but I take serious offense to being called a lightweight because it makes me feel weak. thats why im trying to build up my alcohol tolerance 

...why do you care if they call you that?

And what are you trying to prove now by getting more drunk than you might like?

Just enjoy the party. You don't have to drink at all. 

Drink less so you don't get sloppy.

• kswck2

This is how Alcoholism starts. 

You'll “get over the fear” as you grow up and become an adult.

There's a pandemic going on. Why are you even going to parties and drinking?

Don't worry too much about it. During my first year in college, I would get so drunk sometimes I'd pass out and actually pee the bed and everyone called me a lightweight lol. Eventually you just build tolerance and you learn to handle your alcohol better. 

Let them call you a lightweight. Best way to diffuse is to say, "Yeah, you're probably right." Once you let it happen, it loses its power. 

You don't owe explanations; however, it can work to say you have to get up early the next day and can't possibly be hungover. 

I don't have to go on about alcohol poisoning, drunk driving, unsafe sex etc., do I?

Dont drink?............