Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 1 month ago

Is my cut infected?

Recently, about six days ago, my cat scratched me pretty bad. She left a long, yet not a deep scratch on my arm. I washed it off, cleaned it off with some wipes I had in my first aid kit, and put some Neosporin on it. Now, rolling over into today, It has this light red-ish color around the wound, and it's still itchy. Do I have to go see a doctor? 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Cat scratches almost always itch. When my cat scratched me it would be red and itch like mad... but it always went away on its own.

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

no it's invisible

• 1 month ago

It's possible that your skin is having an allergic reaction to the Neosporin, because the neomycin in Neosporin is known to cause a reaction of red, itchy skin in some people. I'd keep the wound clean and stop using the Neosporin. You can try Bacitracin ointment, which is less likely to cause allergic reactions. If your wound shows signs of infection--redness, puss, wound drainage, swelling, pain, red streaking from the wound--see a doctor.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i would go see your doctor about it

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Hopefully you are nearing the end of the inflammatory phase of wound healing. See the doctor If the red edges are spreading and begin to suppurate; also if you feel unwell from 'cat scratch fever'.

• 1 month ago

What you are describing is not an infection. Itchy is an indication of healing. DO  NOT SCRATCH!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.