Are these sentences grammatically correct? If they are wrong, why are they wrong?

1. I have done a masters in psychology from a university in India. 

2. I have had a masters in psychology from a university in India. 

• Zirp
    Favorite Answer

The first should be either "I have a masters [degree] in psychology from a university in India"  or "I have done a masters (-study) at a university in India"

The second one implies that you have done something so horrible (cheating on tests, plagiarising someone else's work) that your degree was revoked

• John P

I did a masters in psychology at a university in India.   

Definitely 'at a university', not 'in a university', nor 'from a university'.

1. is sort of okay, but, it is very stilted.  "Done" is not a good word to use here.

2. is not correct: the "had" makes the sentence past tense.

"I have completed a Masters of Psychology from an Indian university" would be better.

1. I have done a master[s] OF psychology from a university in India. -- No. No native English-speaker would say that

2. I have had a master[s] OF psychology from a university in India. -- No.  

Correct: I have a master of psychology  . . . 

• CB

Nope, "I have a masters of psychology from a university in India."