How much should I charge to babysit an 8 year old for 5 hours?

Granted he's a great kid not on medication or video games all day and you get him lunch....$50 would be too much for most parent...$25. If he sits inside on video game all day $10....it's tough for most parts to pay 15 an hour for child care when they don't make much more....even drs and lawyers hate to pay that for child care.

• F

Depends on the child.

If it is pleasant and well behaved ,$50.

If it’s a brat , $100.

$15+ per hour if he's awake the whole time and assuming you're only babysitting (no housework, nothing more than heating up a dinner, etc).  If he's sleeping, knock it down a couple bucks the sleeping hours.

It depends on the area and your experience.  For most children in my area I charge $15/hour. When I first started babysitting in high school I charged $10-12/hour.  I also occasionally babysit for families on vacation and will charge $25+/hour. If its your first babysitting job start low and work your way up. 

An eight year old for five hours of babysitting should be paid $10.00 dollars an hour and that would equal $50.00 for five hours of babysitting.

$10.00 to $ 15.00 an hour is the going rate in my area.

10$US per child per/hour Or if a single child 15$US per/hour

Depends on the kid, a fairly typical eight year old who has a fairly high level of independence and really only needs someone in case of an emergency... like $5/hour. However, if the child is high needs, tends to need hawk eyes on them or they will burn the house down... more like $10/hour

• IOM

Depends on the going rate in your area. Rates usually range from $10 to $20/hour. So you can start at around $15/hour. Good luck! 🙂 

• Audrey

Babysitters in my area are getting AT LEAST $10 an hour. If you cook or clean It's more like $15.