I have evidence my ex-wife & her boyfriend carried out an assault on me.?

She wont admit to her involvement. ¿In what type of court can i sue her?

4 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    If you have "evidence," then file a police report.

  • xyzzy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    A wrongful act, such as an assault and battery, may result in both a civil lawsuit and a criminal prosecution, although in the U.S., the civil and criminal legal systems are separate. And typically a criminal prosecution will take place before any civil action.

  • 1 month ago

    The first answer is incorrect; A&B is both a crime and a tort. But when there's a choice generally the crime is prosecuted first.

    Source(s): Law 101.
  • Lili
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    An assault is a criminal matter. You don't sue for assault. Lawsuits are civil matters.

    Call the police and report that you were assaulted. If you have clear evidence, your ex-wife and her boyfriend will be arrested and tried.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.