Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 1 month ago

Is it worth it to buy a ps5 pre-order from ebay? Or are they scams?

Don't do it.  Ebay over-inflates prices.  It's not worth it.

Oh man, don't be one of those people who feed the eBay scalpers. If you buy from one of these flakes, you're just asking for trouble. For one thing, it'll be harder to return the console if you have problems with it. Another thing you have to consider is that yeah... they might've secured a preorder themselves that they're ultimately passing on to you, but what if they have problems on their end?

I once ordered a game this way, and when the guy wouldn't deliver, he refused to refund me. I had to get eBay involved, and it took over a month to get the money back. 

To an eBay flake, a $500 sale is a good source for a short term loan, that they won't have to pay any interest on. 

Don't do it, man. DON'T DO IT.

I wouldn't call them scams, as you will get a PS5 if you order one, but these are scalpers charging more than it's worth.

I wouldn't buy them from eBay and wait until you can buy it from a normal merchant at retail price.

The only way to stop scalpers is for people to stop buying from them.