Which is the correct option? Please help me out.?

It often requires control of one's emotional reaction _________ (so that, although) the universal principle of reason prevails to determine one's action.

To my assumption, " so that " appears preferable.

For instance,     It is  always essential to  apply our conscience judiciously SO THAT our conscience can lead us to our destination smoothly.

I should recast the whole sentence as “emotions often need to be held in check to give rationality a free rein in determining what course of action is best”.

My instinct is 'so that', but await an answer from an expert in that field.   The sense of that sentence is greatly changed by the use of 'although' rather than 'so that', thus you really need an expert to answer that question.

I have no knowledge in that field, and I suspect that many seeing that question will also have no knowledge in that field.