Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 2 months ago

Has anyone moved a mobile home before?

I’m trying to move my mobile home to land but I don’t know how I would start doing so

Google for local companies that provide that service. There are lots of them.

There are companies that do this.  Google mobile home movers in your area or call anyone that sells mobile homes and I'm sure they can point you to companies that can move them around.  Be sure to get 2-3 bids from competing companies for the cost for this.

• not

It's tons of work in my exerience. I moved a single with a pop out, three awnings and two porches. If it's a double wide you need to seperate the two also. Deconstruct awnings and additions. Deconstruction without destroying it is tricky. Remove skirts then mount tires, axles and tounges as needed so it's a trailer again. If its registered as a mobile still then it should have current plates otherwise you need to deal with legally getting it on the road. Takes a healthy truck to move it, the pros use big rigs. Most people just hire pros to do the whole project but with decent general construction skills you could do the labor and hire a truck to move it.

That single wide required a special permit because at some point the law said it had to be approved to be inhabitable due to being small. Aware of that we made sure it had that permit affixed to it, we confirmed it with building and planning that we were good to go before starting the project. At the end of the project building and planning said we had to buy the permit again. Being poor we couldn't afford that so we had to live in it without utilities because they won't hook up until after building and planning got their money and signed off. It's important to know the laws and get things in writing. Building and planning okie dokeyed us the whole way thru, took our money and signed off on all the contruction and they popped that on us at the end.

ask someone thats done it to show you how to do it

• Maxi

You phone around freight transport companies that advertises they move mobile homes