Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

My husband said the eyes doesn’t have curtains?

I’m almost a year into our marriage and we are both in our late twenties. Yesterday, my husband was obviously checking out some women and in his defense, he told me that the eyes doesn’t have curtains. I understand that looking is natural. We have eyes to see. Also, he said that before I would’ve said anything that he would’ve already had looked. I guess I find it problematic that he was so obvious with his looking and gave an excuse for it. What do you think? Am I overreacting?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Just tell him that eyes don't have curtains but necks do swivel. Also you can tell him 2 can play that same game and you should know a woman can get 10-20 men for every woman a man gets. Ask him if he would like a demonstration. :)

• Mary
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

But the hills have eyes

• 1 month ago

You never check out good looking men?

• 1 month ago

Just tell your boyfriend how it makes you feel when he looks at other women, If he doesn’t stop then you should leave. My current boyfriend has never looked at another woman no matter how beautiful they are, so there are men out there that won’t do that. As for his comment about eyes not having curtains - the brain is what is telling him to look, so you can control your eye movements

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Technically they do, they're called eyelids. But expecting someone to walk around with their eyes closed all the time isn't realistic. People look, they always have and they always will. That doesn't mean what they're seeing pleases them more than the person they're with does. It doesn't mean they have any intention of pursuing what they're looking at. What we do know is that people so controlling that they get mad at a partner for looking usually create such a hostile relationship environment that the "looker" prefers to leave. 

• 1 month ago

If you had a husband who wasn't interested in women it wouldn't put you into a good position.  He shouldn't need to defend himself here.  Why not share in his feelings.  Try to interpret what things he finds appealing and what he doesn't.  You would tend to do that with the clothes they are wearing.

The more that you can understand the thoughts of your partner ( and he understand yours too of course) the happier your relationship can be.

• Dick
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Looking is normal..  If he didn't look, I would think he was gay.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

What do I think?  I think neither one of you is an English major.

I think you must have been desperate to marry him in the first place, and you are even more desperate if you stay in this relationship.

• Jesere
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Start looking at men the way he looks at women but quietly. If it bugs him,  hey the eyes don't have curtains 

• 1 month ago

But they do have eyelids! What a ridiculous statement. We can't really avoid looking at women, but staring can be rather disrespectful - to them and to you! Ask him to look at you instead.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.