Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Trying to ask out a girl but...?

So, I've been talking to this girl for about 2-3 months, I've known her for years and we're pretty good friends. I've been trying to get the guts up to ask her out but just recently she got a bf. We've talked about a lot of private stuff, stayed up late talking, went out a lot, etc. 

What should I do?

Favorite Answer

Unfortunately now that she has a boyfriend, she's taken. You're going to have to wait and see if they break up.

May I suggest that the first question to ask yourself when considering whether or not to date someone is, “Is this person a strong person?” If they’re not, no matter how much you like them, how much they like you, or how “cute” or “hot” they are, - please don’t date them. A strong person has good character (honesty, integrity, trustworthiness), displays a positive attitude (cheerful, caring, friendly, forgiving, helpful, and respectful), fulfills their responsibilities (for handling people who are pains in a positive way, for always trying to make a good choice, for taking care of themselves, for serving others), gives their best effort, and demonstrates self-control (of their body, anger, mouth and money).

My suggestion is that you put in the effort necessary to become a strong person (if you’re not already) and eventually look for this type of girl (otherwise you’re setting yourself up for a broken heart). Unfortunately this type of woman is difficult to find - but save yourself the heartache and don’t settle for less.

(Please remember that you eventually want a 50 or 60 year marriage - not a 5 or 10 year marriage.)

Hope this helps!

PS Strong men attract strong women like magnets (as well as weak women - so be careful). The best way to get to know a strong woman without dating is to participate in the activities of a community service or a school organization.

Source(s): True Love Lasts - written with a character emphasis for teens through young adults, Straight Talk About Teen Dating - written with a Christian emphasis for ages 13-19, Straight Talk About Dating - written with a Christian emphasis for ages 20 and up

i relaly need him only he can take me for tatoo and take care of me. i dont want my tears or pain and scars to go to waste if i fall in love with the wrong guy.

maybe she wait for a guy like him or someone she really liked.  ( i dont have any relationship, but im saying sometimes people want a certain dude, and he doesnt accept until much later) so most likely she is waiting a long time for him

• Robert

Old saying....step up or shut up.  

• Teal

Distance yourself so you can get over her. Someday you can reconnect, but you can't be her friend while you have feelings for her. You will just make yourself miserable hovering like a vulture hoping her relationship fails, and you will miss out on opportunities to date new people. She isn't the last girl you will ever fall for, accept it and move forward.

• God

If she breaks up with BF go for it.