Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

how would you feel if your girlfriend was a brown noser to her male boss?

• Jerry

I assume you are NOT talking about exchanging sexual favors for favorable treatment, but about non-sexual behaviors. 

If flattering the boss is the path to advancement, then (IMO) it would be foolish to not avail oneself of that opportunity to advance oneself. The material advantages of promotions and raises (to me) more than outweigh any satisfaction there may be in a refusal to "brown nose." 

Are you perhaps one of those people who generally views your relationship with your boss as adversarial? Who resents your boss's authority over you, who sees cheerful acceptance of that authority as "brown nosing"? If yes, I strongly suggest that you emulate your girlfriend's attitude. 

• God

Lots of women flirt a little with their boss.  Lots of men and women are brown nosers.  I think she's just using what she has to play the game better.

What if I was her boss? You didn't think of that, did you?

Depends whether you're being literal or figurative. 

If I were her I'd dump a boyfriend that referred to her that way!