KIKI asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

Why do I wake up in the middle of the night when I forget to do something?

Somehow I wake up in the middle of the night at the most convenient times. Like if I forget to do a big homework assignment and fall asleep, I will wake up at 2 in the morning. If I forget to pack something important for a trip, i will wake up in the middle of the night. It’s like someone is trying to tell my sleeping brain “HEY! You forgot to do this important thing! Wake up!” But if it’s not something important that I had to do, I will never wake up in the middle of the night. Can someone explain that?

Stress.  When we sleep we take the emotions we feel in our waking life to the subconscious of sleep.  You only think you are forgetting to do the important task, but you aren't.  If you really forgot about it, you would sleep.  But this is also telling of how deeply you feel stress.  Only the most stressed out people will wake themselves up.

It is on your mind.

It seems to be good though.

Because you remembered what you forgot to do and the shock causes your body to react. Same happens me when I have something important to do the next day, I wake up in the middle of the night, think shyt that's tomorrow my body reacts to the fright and is like ***** do something, unfortunately the body can't think that's your brains job.