Why do you think people do not acknowledge the following facts with regards to culture and accountability aspects of police brutality ?
1. Despite the fact that disproportionally amount of minorities are victims of police brutality/ abuse of power . Police brutality occurs in all races in the US
2. It is illogical to think that the only police brutality only occurs when someone produced a video of it or when someone dies (statistically it is not very feasible that another police officer did ever occur in front of another officer
3. The blue code of not telling on other officer that engage in police brutality/ abuse of power is a sign of a defective aspect in law enforcement culture and it is counterproductive . There is a need for enablers need to be punished
4. Police officers are hired to serve protect , enforce the law and adhere to a due process system. Police officers are not hired to be mercenaries.
5. Police officers are trained to address several real life scenarios . Police officers are given several weapons to address different situations. If an officer is guilty of excessive force/ over kill due to not following protocol than they should be subject to consequences
6. Part of enforcing the law is to adhere to a due process system. Regardless of what accused has allegedly done the police are held to a high standard and deviating from that standard/ expectations is counterproductive for those in charge with enforcing the laws.
If you think enablers of police brutality and excessive force should not be punished then there's something wrong with your distorted thinking
- 1 month agoFavorite Answer
Enabling and not looking at the big picture hinders the country
- STEVEN FLv 71 month ago
The ACTUAL FACTS are not consistent with your claims.
- Anonymous1 month ago
I tend to put no stock in rants from people who cannot express themselves. Start with "there is a need for enablers need to be punished." What?
I think people don't acknowledge your facts because they aren't facts.
- FoofaLv 71 month ago
If you're talking about the US it's because we no longer have the Fourth Estate protected by the Constitution. So only those in think tanks who do the direct research on such things know the "facts".
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- CatharineLv 51 month ago
They're also overrated and overpaid