Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthHealth & Well-BeingPain & Pain Management · 1 month ago

Which procedure(s) should I choose?

I'm 16F, and I've been told that I need my toes cut to graduate school (I tried to get out of it, but I couldn't).

I have long second toes and I've been given the following options:

• Big toe cut off for being too short;

• Second toe cut off for being too long;

• or have my toes leveled with my big toe (cutting off the ends of my second and third toes)

I can have different treatments on each foot if I want, but only one treatment per foot.

Which should I choose for each foot?

What would you choose if you were in my position?

If this is true and you've no way out of it, then whatever you do: don't have your big toes cut off - just because they're not your longest toes, doesn't mean they're not still your strongest and most useful toes.

The choice between your other two options depends how much longer your third toe is than your big toe (since something's going to happen to your big toe anyway); if you're third toe is only a little longer than your big toe, a small piece off the end won't make too much difference; if it's significantly longer though you'll have to weigh up the effects of losing the ends of two toes or the entirety of one toe.

I'd probably still recommend having the tips cut off instead of a whole toe (both feet) as the least of the evils.

I have long big toes, so from the structure of your question, it seems that I wouldn't have to choose any of these - or I could pick option 3 without having anything done as they can't be shortened to the same length as something longer; I'm sorry that they're doing this to you.

• Audrey

You need a good psychiatrist.

If I were you I'd tell the people insisting on this to go to hell!