Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 month ago

How would fans feel about Jim Carrey starring in a serious movie full of strong violence and lot of shootout scenes?

??????

he only does comedy or depressing stuff...like Robin williams...oops

He did star in an early movie that was tragic instead of comic but since then his only other serious movie was The Truman Show which has been his best ever since. Lots of those violent movies with shoot outs are not that good so I would rather see him a  movie of the same quality as The Truman Show. 

If his character gets killed, I'd love it. If he survives, not so much.

That wouldn't interest me.

I would watch, like the other guy said he does have acting skills, but I don’t think he wants to be in one. He was in Kickass 2, an R rated action movie, but before it even came out he released a statement saying he doesn’t condone movies with shooting violence and wouldn’t want to be in one again. 

• Sathi

The casting director would be fired.

I think that when Jim Carrey isn't doing his over the top nonsense that I don't find funny, he's actually not a terrible actor.  Not great, but not terrible.  But I'd have a hard time seeing him in an action movie hero role.  He's not a particularly young man anymore.

• Audrey

I'd like to see it. Maybe he'd actually be good in a movie like that.

Jim Carrey's star has faded and he's kinda gone off the deep end this past year or two. I can't see any serious production banking on him till he can start showing some box office cred.