Ray asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 3 months ago

Ever read a book that changed your way of thinking completely?

I have been in search of a book that can modify/change the way how I feel about myself. Preferably, something from ancient times like The Book of Five rings. 

Yes, I have actually. The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley and Little Big by John Crowley. Since Roger Zelazny's Lord of Light got me to see the world differently, you might say that it affected my view of myself incidentally. Then you have a strange nonfiction book by Zechariah Sitchin, Divine Encounters, which could really shake one up and require re- booting. Gentler things such as The Wind in the Willows have also touched me in a very refined and subtle way. 

• Verity

Sure.  "Nomadland".  I'll never see a white van the same way again.

The Bible.

It is a timeless living history book with proof of past prophesies fulfilled and prophecies yet to be fulfilled in our times.

Most of the books I read change me.

I just finished reading Kelley Armstrong's novel - Every Step She Takes (a mystery, with significant #metoo content). It's a superb book that helped me to catch some of my unconscious gender bias, that I acquired as a result of social norms and tribalism.

Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari, Srikanta by Saratchandra Chattapadhya and Old man and the sea by Ernest Hemmingway

• j153e

The Most Holy Trinosophia of the Comte de Saint Germain.

No, nothing that made an impact that drastic.

Read many that modified how I thought, if that counts. And some even provided a different paradigm to work with,